Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Month... New Beginnings... Growth and a new home for Cadanino


  Finished moving my possessions from one apartment to my new home two blocks away. Talk about cramming for the exam the night before. It´s not as if I have all that many possessions or furniture, but I had hoped to organize my gadget projects and clothing donation projects as part of the move.
The new house is GREAT!!  Four Bedrooms, spacious kitchen, dining and living rooms and a fabulous rooftop for a tar beach or barbecues. Those who know me well know that I am not much of a bricks and mortar- physical world guy. I´m more cerebral (nice way to say I am a space cadet) but I really am excited to have more space, privacy and serenity.  I loved my old apartment and the insanely wonderful views, but it became a bit too small.

 So the REALLY BIG NEWS... Tomorrow we start phase two of Cadanino. Of the little kids that we work most closely with, we will be working with about 10 more. We refer to these as the ïniciales¨  because they are the small, young beginner types. We have retained two additional nannies-physical therapists to assure ample support of this group. Because they are such a sweet group we plan to spend a lot more time with them out in the yard.  Logistics will be interesting because Rebecka wanders incessantly and insists on touching everything to her tongue. Some odd form of  PICA and ADHD.  Matteo is also part of our merry band and he is a bit of an escape artist. He is eleven and at first glance appears normal. Limited language skills, but he is fast and clever. He has escaped a few times, but after a few chilly nights on the streets
he appears to be happy at home.  When we went to a water park last year, he escaped our directors grasp at least five times and ran and jumped into the deepest part of the wave pool. Not only did he not know how to swim, he had no concept of holding your breath to not inhale water.
He is funny too because he is attracted to pink and other feminine colors. He frequently manages to acquire some of the most amusing outfits. He is also a masterful pick pocket. Institutionalization has it´s consequences.

   Great start to new month, new group, new home. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers