Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baptized !!

  On October 20, 2011   I was Baptized by the Holy Spirit in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ. Though Baptized as an infant in the Episcopal Church as an infant I had never been Baptized when I cam to the Faith as an adult.  I accepted Christ as my personal Saviour in 1993 and had often thought of adult full immersion baptism. Both my kids did so in their adolesences. At times I was almost embarrassed that I had not had adult baptism and most folks assumed that I had. The matter is resolved and I declare my Faith and allegiance.









Matthew 3:13-17 -- 13 Then comes Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. 14 But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by you, and you come to me? 15 And Jesus answering, said to him: Allow it to be so now. For so it becomes us to fulfil all justice. Then he allowed him. 16 And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. 17 And behold a voice from heaven saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive