Monday, September 19, 2011

Stewardship

 I am currently doing a study on money through the Bible Study Podcast with Chris Christiansen.
His work always seemed to be just a my level. Theologically conservative yet contemporary and thoughtfull.   Chronologically, this was last year's study and I hit a few of the episodes, but am now more methodical in listening to them all. He is on Itunes. I highly recommend these podcasts if you are a lay person. I think if I had been to Seminary and had an M-Div  in Theology I might find his approach a bit simple for for the average person he is great!

This passage was one I had not remembered from prior readings:

Proverbs 30 :  5- 9


5“Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

6Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

7“Two things I ask of you, O Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:

8Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God. 

BTW- My title above is misleading. This is really about the inside work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers