Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricane and Fire....


   Just as power and internet returned here to the Adirondacks one of our family houses burnt to the ground yesterday morning. It's my brother's house right next door to mine on the lake and it burst into flames at 7:50 am yesterday. From my bedroom window I saw the kitchen already engulfed in flames.  Praise the Lord that nobody was hurt. 
   I had recently purchased my deceased Mother's property and it is an old Adirondack Camp type structure.  A much more obvious candidate for fire. My brother had just re-built his cottage about 20 years ago. His gas oven apparently backfired and started the fire. It was truly frightening how quickly the structure was past the point of saving. So many happy memories of the kids and their childhoods.

  God is good and merciful. Nobody was hurt and we are fortunate to have things like good insurance, other homes and helpful families. Please pray for my brother and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers